Banner University Medicine
The Department of Sports Medicine at Banner-University Medicine Phoenix is now interviewing Sports Psychologists who will provide care to athletes of all ages at Arizona’s Sports Medicine destination - Banner Sports Medicine Center, located in stunning Scottsdale, Arizona (opening in Spring 2023).
Banner Sports Medicine Scottsdale : This one-of-a-kind facility will be a comprehensive, one-stop destination for numerous sports medicine services and specialists under one roof, with internationally and nationally renowned sports medicine providers and leaders. The three-story 80,000-square-foot center will welcome and serve athletes at all levels, from youth to professionals. The development is in strategic alignment with Banner’s partnership with prominent local athletic teams, including Arizona Diamondbacks, Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, Arizona Coyotes, Tucson Roadrunners, and the University of Arizona. This center will reach diverse populations of people who participate in sports not only in Arizona but across the country.
Details and requirements include:
- Schedule: Monday through Friday | 8a – 5p | No Call
- Ph.D. or PsyD and licensed as a sports psychologist required
- Completion of APA or APPIC approved Internship and Post-Doctoral Residency
- Sports Medicine Psychologists with 3+ years of experience (athletic performance and mental health) are encouraged to apply!
The ideal candidate thrives in a dynamic practice with a collaborative team of Primary Care Physicians, Orthopedic Surgeons, Physical Therapists, Sports Nutrition/Performance clinicians, and a full concussion team with access to a freshly appointed, modern healthcare technology setting. The ideal candidate has the proven ability to administer evidence-based sports psychotherapy services to athletes of all ages and levels; strong psychological assessment and evaluation skills; effectively collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of providers as well as professional, collegiate, and youth athletic teams and programs.
You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But that’s more than just basic medical, dental, and vision coverage — it’s everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind, and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- Legal, Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Sick Time, Time Off, Malpractice, and CME (plus CME allowance!)
- Pet, Auto, and Home Insurance included in Voluntary Benefit Options
- Adoption Assistance, Fertility Benefits, and Parental Leave Support
- Resources available for pet care, childcare, elder care, housekeeping, and tutoring
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Financial wellness resources, including 401k with matching or 401b deferred retirement plan options, employee perks, and discounts
Iconic Desert. Beautiful Skylines. Greater Phoenix, AZ is the nation’s sunniest metropolis and the cosmopolitan heart of the majestic Arizona desert. It's a city that basks in year-round sunshine with stunning Sonoran Desert scenery. Phoenix is the United States’ sixth-largest city with a population of over 1.4 million, home to 200+ golf courses, MLB Spring Training mecca, daytrip drive to six different lakes, culturally enriches with a plethora of museums, as well as an extensive offering of casual patio dining, destination spas, and upscale shopping. The area offers miles of hiking, biking, and equestrian trails, professional sports, world-class theater, and exceptional musical entertainment. Adventure, fresh air, and beautiful sunsets… Arizona has it all.
If interested, we encourage you to apply here with your CV for consideration; or apply directly at PracticeWithUs.BannerHealth.com for LIVE application tracking.
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the healthcare field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.