Sports Medicine Physician
Fulfilling the promise of medicine
Kaiser Permanente / The Permanente Medical Group
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (TPMG - Kaiser Permanente Northern California) is one of the largest medical groups in the nation with over 9,000 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California, and an over 75-year tradition of providing quality medical care. We currently have the following opportunity:
SPORTS MEDICINE PHYSICIAN
Opening in San Jose, California
This full-time position, practicing full-scope sports medicine within an Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Department, requires Family Medicine training and Sports Medicine Fellowship. This role provides the medical care for the San Jose Sharks, as well as its AHL affiliate, the San Jose Barracuda, and is responsible for a portion of game coverage of the Sharks and medical care to all the athletes of both teams. The Department includes other Sports Medicine physicians and sports-trained Orthopedic surgeons. Full spectrum ultrasound procedures are supported with a strong referral base from a department of over 20 providers (physicians and PAs). Significant opportunity exists for resident education (we have a Family Medicine residency, and the residents rotate within our department for their sports medicine training. No call responsibilities.
A FEW REASONS TO CONSIDER A PRACTICE WITH TPMG:
- Work-life balance focused practice, including flexible schedules and unmatched practice support
- We can focus on providing excellent patient care without managing overhead and billing . No RVUs!
- We demonstrate our commitment to a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity by hiring physicians that reflect and celebrate the diversity of people and cultures. We practice in an environment with patients at the center and deliver culturally responsive and compassionate care to our member populations.
- Multi-specialty collaboration with a mission-driven integrated health care delivery model.
- An outstanding electronic medical record system that allows flexibility in patient management
- We have a very rich and comprehensive Physician Health & Wellness Program .
- We are Physician-led and develop our own leaders.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, mentorship, physician leadership, and community service.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental
- Moving allowance and home loan assistance - up to $250,000 (approval required)
- Malpractice and tail insurance
- Paid holidays, sick leave, education leave
- Shareholder track
- Three retirement plans, including pension
To learn more about these opportunities and to apply, please visit: https://northerncalifornia.permanente.org/careers/