Responsible for all aspects of surgery process including all verifying insurance; pre-operative certifications and authorizations; complete necessary hospital forms; scheduling patient for any pre-operative labs, testing and coordination of post-surgery care
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Triage surgical candidates as required by the physicians
- Work with appropriate hospital personnel to obtain information as required for surgery scheduling.
- Educate patients about planned surgery
- Verify insurance information in electronic system
- Obtain insurance authorizations as required by individual plans prior to surgery
- Work in concert with surgeons to obtain medical clearances and preoperative testing as required by hospital protocols
- Confirm and reschedule return appointments, as necessary.
- Provide assistance to administrative or clinical staff as needed.
- Notify manager with patient account and insurance issues.
- Other duties as assigned
Education : High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge
Experience : Minimum of one year working in medical insurance or healthcare related field; Previous surgery scheduling experience strongly preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.