Category: Per Diem
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCAâ™s 11,000 teammates operate more than 260 surgical facilities that serve over 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefitsâ¦
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance â“ eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
Total Joint and Orthopedic sports medicine facility with 9 operating physicians. Position requires early mornings and a flexible schedule.
- Responsible for scheduling all outpatient surgeries and procedures as requested by the physician or the physicianâ™s office staff.
- Responsible for obtaining and adding patient demographics and insurance information into the billing system.
- Coordinates efforts with the Director of Nursing to ensure availability of needed equipment, requested staff, and/or ancillary services.
- Prepares and distributes the daily surgery schedule to the Nursing Managers, RNs, Pre-Op and PACU Nurse and Technicians, Business Office Manager.
- Responsible for capturing complete and accurate clinical, demographic and insurance information on patients scheduled at the surgery center.
- Responsible for communicating to appropriate Leadership, and other appropriate employees, for same day and next day add-on cases.
- Responsible for communicating any potential scheduling conflicts to the Director of Nursing.
- Promptly communicates any patient problems to the Business Office Manager and/or Director of Nursing.
- Maintains positive communications with the medical staff members and their office personnel.
- Responsible for tracking cancellations.
- Coordinate Front desk registration as primary admitting clerk, medical record specialist, patient account advocate and daily chart preparation duties.
- Responsible for daily coordination and notification of patient arrival times, and updating patients regarding financial responsibilities for date of service.
- Perform other clerical duties as directed by the Business Office Manager.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum one (1) year scheduling experience in an ambulatory surgery facility, acute-care hospital, or doctorâ™s office
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Medical terminology experience and knowledge required
- Flexible work schedule