Registered Respiratory Therapist
DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan is one of the nationâ��s largest hospitals specializing in rehabilitation medicine and research. RIM is known for its clinical expertise in spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, amputee, orthopedics and catastrophic injury care. The Institute houses the Center for Spinal Cord Injury Recovery and the Southeastern Michigan Traumatic Brain Injury System (SEMTBIS), one of only 16 federally designated model systems of care for brain injury care and research. RIM also operates 31 outpatient sites throughout southeast Michigan specializing in sports medicine and orthopedics.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, acts as a professional member of the health care team by providing respiratory therapy services throughout the continuum of care.
- Provides therapeutic and rehabilitative procedures and diagnostic tests for patients with, or at risk of, abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system.
- Collaborates with physicians, nurses and other members of the health care team to develop optimal cardiopulmonary care plans for patients.
- Performs patient assessments, evaluates the appropriateness and effectiveness of therapy, and determines which respiratory care activities can be delegated to other care team members.
- Instructs employees and students in the principles and practices of designated respiratory care procedures/tasks and evaluates their competence.
- May function as an in-charge therapist and preceptor, as requested.
1. Graduation from an AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care program. Associates degree in Science, Allied Health or equivalent, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Registration (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
3. BCLS certification required. ACLS certification preferred.
4. Licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.