This Emergency Department Registered Nurse opportunity is per diem and offers a convenient flexible schedule.
Northern Nevada Health System (NNHS): Northern Nevada Health System is a regional multi-facility system that has excelled at offering quality care to residents of the greater Truckee Meadows. Northern Nevada Medical Center, a 124-bed acute care hospital in Sparks, is our flagship facility. A second hospital, Sierra Medical Center, is currently under construction and is scheduled to open in 2022. Sierra Medical Center will be the first full-service hospital built in the region in over a century. Our System also provides family, internal and sports medicine and a wide range of specialty care through Northern Nevada Medical Group. Our providers are located throughout Reno, Sparks, Fallon and Bishop. In addition, patients can receive a variety of outpatient surgical services at Quail Surgical and Pain Management Center. To learn more about our growing System, visit www.northernnevadahealth.com .
NNMC Awarded Hospital Accreditation From The Joint Commission
NNMC was awarded its 9th consecutive ‘A’ from The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade. The designation recognizes the hospital's efforts in protecting patients from harm and providing safer healthcare.
NNMC has received the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission in:
- Back Pain
- Advanced Total Hip & Total Knee Replacement
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Spin Surgery
- Pain Management Center Benefits:
- NNMC is also accredited by the Society of Cardiovascular Care for our Chest Pain Center!
What we at Northern Nevada Medical Center value:
- Compassion: We treat everyone with kindness and warmth because we genuinely care about every patient, employee and physician like they are family.
- Empathy: We put ourselves in our patient’s shoes and deliver clinical care with a personalized touch.
- Teamwork: We foster a caring and friendly work environment to bring the best possible outcomes in our patient’s lives.
- Quality: We strive to provide excellence in clinical care.
- Ethics: We conduct our business with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Respect: We promise to honor the dignity, individuality and rights of everyone.
- Service Excellence: We provide personalized and professional service that exceeds the expectations of those we serve.
- Innovation: We continually invest in technology and process improvements to develop new and better ways of delivering clinical care .
Emergency Department Registered Nurse:
We are looking for a dynamic experienced ER Registered Nurse. You will provide direct and indirect patient care to our patients with compassion and respect. You will communicate with physicians about changes in patient’s clinical condition. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Must be willing to float to all units.Qualifications
- Current NV nursing license
- Current ACLS & BLS certificate
- PALS certificate (to be obtained within six months of employment)
- At least 2.5 years of ER experience required.
Northern Nevada Medical Center is a 124-bed acute care hospital located on 23 hillside acres at 2375 E. Prater Way in Sparks, Nevada.
The hospital is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc., a King of Prussia, PA based company that is one of the largest healthcare management companies in the nation. The hospital provides physicians and patients with many of the latest technological innovations for diagnosis and treatment of even the most acute clinical conditions. Northern Nevada Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC) and licensed by the state of Nevada.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.