Registered Nurse (New Grad or Experience)
Registered Nurse (New Grad or Experience) - New to the OR - Duke Health - July 2023 Cohort
Duke Heath System is now accepting RN (experienced and new graduates) applications to the New to the Operating Room training program for July Cohort!
New Grads and experienced RNs without OR experience are invited to consider the program.
New to the OR Program is 6 - 9 months long program with an initial schedule of 5-8's shift's Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. After the initial 4-6 weeks, schedules will vary upon the management team's discretion based on the needs of the unit, preceptor schedules, and progress of the individual nurse. After orientation, the entity or service line unit schedule will apply.
Required Start Date : July 17, 2023 if offered. (RN license required before this date)
Application and Video Interview: Apply online and upload your resume. Then, submit your video interview by clicking the following link: New to the OR Video Interview
Position Locations: Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital and Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Duke Regional Hospita l - Duke Regional Hospital is located in Durham, North Carolina. There are 13 operating rooms and 2 procedures that provide patient care for General, Bariatric, GYN, Neuro, Urology, Cardiac, Vascular, Plastics, ENT and Robotic surgical procedures. Duke Regional Hospital is small in size but big in caring for our patients, their loved ones and each other. RNs scrub and circulate in all surgical specialties in a community hospital environment with the resources and opportunities of the greater Duke Health system.
- Duke Raleigh Hospital - Duke Raleigh Hospital is a medium sized Duke Health hospital located just north of downtown Raleigh, North Carolina. There are 20 operating rooms and specialties include Ortho, Spine, General, GYN, Neuro, Vascular, and ENT. The patient population consists mostly of adults with some pediatric patients. RNs scrub and circulate in all surgical specialties in a community hospital environment with the resources and opportunities of the greater Duke Health system.
- Duke University Hospital - Consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research, Duke University Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center operating 24-hours, 7 days a week. There are 52 operating rooms and specialties include General, Cardiac, Pediatrics, ENT, Ortho, Plastics, Urology, Neuro, GYN and Duke Eye Center. RNs scrub and circulate in our specialty service lines.
- Duke Ambulatory Surgery Centers - The Duke Ambulatory Surgery Centers consist of 9 operating rooms providing care for patients needing same-day diagnostic and treatment-based surgical procedures. Specialty areas include Sports Medicine, Breast Surgery, ENT, Urology, Spine, GYN, Plastics and Pediatrics. RNs scrub and circulate in multiple ambulatory surgeries in a fast-paced weekday shift.
As a Clinical Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Clinical Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience required:
- No previous work experience is required. Experienced RNs or New Grads welcome.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required. All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire, and promote qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.