Baylor Scott & White Health
Mansfield is 25 mins North of Waxahachie down 287
Portable machine- **Only need if current tech is out
Midlothian- 15 mins north of Waxahachie
The Radiologic Technologist Clinic, under the general supervision of a Radiologist, performs Diagnostic and/or Fluoroscopic Imaging procedures on ambulatory patients in a Physician Office, or Clinic Setting as requested by a physician or other licensed provider. The technologist must be able to effectively explain the procedure to the patient and be sure they are comfortable and at ease during the exam and provide care to the patients while obtaining diagnostic quality images for interpretation by a Radiologist.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Identifies patient service requirements by utilizing AIDET when communicating with patients to ensure they perform the correct exam on the correct patient, establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand the service requirements.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Documents pregnancy status of female patients of child bearing age and the shielding precautions taken in the performance of the imaging study.
- Ensures operation of Radiology equipment by performing quality checks following manufacturer's recommendations and trouble-shooting equipment as required, calling in repairs when necessary.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Wears personal monitoring device on collar and outside of apron consistently and submits it promptly and regularly for assessment of occupational dosage. Reports any loss, damage, or unusual events associated with personal monitoring device immediately to the Radiation Safety Office.
- Participates in the modality specific QA/QC program and Ensures compliance with regulations.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Able to perform high quality radiology procedures according to exam protocol in a timely manner.
- Able to explain the procedure and put patients at ease.
- Able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Able to perform tasks independently without need for routine oversight.
- Able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve issues.
- Able to effectively administer first aid and use the emergency cart.
- Able to ensure customer satisfaction by limiting wait times, providing courteous service, remaining professional, reviewing patient satisfaction scores and developing action plans when required.
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge, continued education and skills appropriate care for the following age groups (specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult and geriatric.
- Able to serve as preceptor by providing quality training to new team members and on new services and initiatives.
- Able to take call, if required.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- MAJOR - Radiologic Technology
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
ARRT-R Radiography (ARRT-R)
Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS in 30 days of hire or transfer.
Medical Radiologic Tech (MRT): Licensed by the State of Texas Medical Board as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT).