Primary Care Sports Medicine
PSFM is searching for up to 2 full-time, accredited primary care & musculoskeletal/sports medicine physicians. The positions will focus on diagnosing and treating patients in a kind, compassionate, care centered, outpatient environment in a private practice setting. The candidates must have experience in non-operative musculoskeletal and sports medicine, along with a very strong interest in Family Medicine and Primary Care. The positions, also include the teaching of residents and medical students.
Physicians will see between 18-20 patients per day, seeing patients 5 days/week (40 hours), which may include working 1 evening (until 8pm) per week, and 1 Saturday morning per month. It is anticipated the patient mix for the first physician will be almost 80+% Sports Medicine while the second physician will see 50% Sports Medicine and 50% Primary Care patients.
Call is shared equally between all physicians and would generally be 1 day per week and 1 weekend per month. The in-office support team consists of an experienced nursing staff, as well as dedicated medical assistants & medical scribes.
The candidate must be eligible for licensure in the State of New Jersey and have a New Jersey medical license prior to appointment start date. The candidate must be able to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment and adhere to policies and procedures. Demonstrated teaching experience in an academic clinical setting is preferred.
While maintaining a busy practice, PSFM also provides on field coverage and pre-participation physicals for high schools and colleges in Central New Jersey. On field coverage of diverse sporting events is seasonal but required.
• MD or DO degree
• Board certification or eligibility in a primary care field
• Certificate of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine
• New Jersey Board of Medicine licensure (or eligibility)
• DEA registration; NJ CDS registration
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience and competence with the major physical and mental health issues of young adults to elderly patients (no pediatric primary care).
• Experience with the provision of sports medicine and primary health services to high school and university student athletes, in co-ordination with team Athletic Trainers.
Fellowship-trained candidates with on-field care, and experience with performing diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasounds and procedures under ultrasound guidance.
Compensation Package includes:
- Base Salary
- Relocation Assistance (if required)
- Productivity Bonus
- Company Benefits include:
- Medical / Dental / Vision Plan with an HSA option
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Bank, including Sick Time and CME Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match.
- Professional Meeting / CME expense allowance
- Professional Liability Insurance fully paid by the practice
- Medical License, DEA, CDS allowance