Physical Therapy Assistant
Physical Therapy Assistant AdventHealth Sports Medicine & Rehab - Orange/Osceola Region
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. Itâ™s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Shift: Monday - Friday, from 7AM to 7PM (eight-hour shifts - shift will vary based on clinic's needs)
The community youâ™ll be caring for: Adult Physical Therapy Patients
Location Address: 2400 N Orange Blossom Trail - Suite 201, Kissimmee, FL 34744; position will float to nearby clinics most days (mileage and tolls will be reimbursed)
The role youâ™ll contribute: The Physical Therapy/Therapist Assistant conducts physical therapy under the supervision of a physical therapist
The value youâ™ll bring to the team:
- Consistently living AdventHealth Services Standards: Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make It Easy, Own It, to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
- Based on the findings and goals established by the Physical Therapist evaluation, the Therapist Assistant implements an individualized treatment plan of care utilizing Practice Standards and recommended techniques, insurance guidelines and patient's needs. Modifies treatment plan as appropriate based upon on-going assessments and consultation with the Physical Therapist
- Collects patient data and communicates to the Physical Therapist regarding discharge recommendations when maximum benefit has been achieved and/or according to the standards of practice and payer guidelines
- Documents accurately, completely, and timely with legible handwriting. Uses measurable and objective terminology, following standards of practice, insurance guidelines and department /hospital policy and procedures
- Charges patients accurately, timely and legibly according to guidelines of the CPT code format, price file and according to insurance guidelines
The expertise and experiences youâ™ll need to succeed:
- Basic Life Support Certification required
- Current Valid Physical Therapy Assistant or Temporary Physical Therapist Assistant License required
- Ability to Float to other clinics in Orange and Osceola counties
- Fully bilingual (English & Spanish) is preferred
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.