Physical Therapist PRN - Weekends
Provides physical therapy services to patients who have impairments,
functional limitations, disabilities, or changes in physical function and
health status resulting from injury, disease or other causes under
occasional guidance. Actively collaborates with the health care/educational
team to meet patient care, outcomes and system improvement objectives.
- Analyzes comprehensive information from formal and informal assessment that is pertinent to the patient's care and management to determine a rehabilitation treatment diagnosis.
- Collaborates with stakeholders in establishing the plan of care, coordinates and implements care delivery while anticipating patient care needs across the rehabilitation continuum.
- Applies appropriate, evidence-based interventions to ensure effective outcomes and re-evaluates performance to assess patient's progress towards goals.
- Employs strategies to promote successful return to home, community, and school/vocational environments.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Rehabilitation Services at Vanderbilt are provided in multiple inpatient and outpatient settings including the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital , Vanderbilt Orthopaedic Institute , Vanderbilt Dayani Center , Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center , Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Vanderbilt-Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital .
Professionals represented in our rehabilitation programs include Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Certified Athletic Trainers, Speech-Language Pathologists, Audiologists, and Neuropsychologists. These professionals participate as essential members of various multidisciplinary teams providing care based on best practices and with a focus on the patient and family.
Our programs in rehabilitation extend to our community for continuous learning and support of future professionals. With over 70 contracts to professional schools across the United States, we provide training for over 50 occupational and physical therapy students and 60 audiologist and speech-language pathologists annually. We host many continuing education workshops annually. A majority of these are open to a variety of medical professionals as we strive to share our knowledge and remain current in the latest therapy techniques, theories, and regulations that govern our practice.
Our Rehabilitation programs are actively involved in continuous quality improvement through Focus Teams charged with the improvement of a service area through ensuring evidenced based practice, continued competencies for staff, and consistency of practice and documentation. To learn more about any of our service areas, extensive programs for students, or employment and educational opportunities, explore our Rehabilitation Services at VUMC REHAB
Weekends - Clinic Hours
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.