Nemours Children's Hospital, Delaware (formerly Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children), is hiring a Per Diem Physical Therapist to work at Nemours Children's Health Therapy Services location(s) in Delaware (Pennsylvania and New Jersey based on licensure also available).
This is a great opportunity to join a busy and growing Therapy team. We provide evaluation and treatment for Physical Therapy across the continuum of care including acute care, inpatient rehabilitation, Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Program (CORP), outpatient, and sports medicine for patients with a wide variety of diagnoses, ranging in age from birth to 18. We are also an early intervention partner with Child Development Watch in Delaware, providing clinic-based services.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy from a CAPTE accredited university.
- Clinical license in State of Delaware required as a Physical Therapist. A secondary license is not required for per diem associates. Pennsylvania clearances are required upon hire for those with a Pennsylvania license.
- Pediatric experience is required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from American Heart Association is required within 6 months of the date of hire and must be maintained for duration of employment. This can be completed onsite at Nemours during the 90-day orientation process.
- Membership in professional specialty organizations preferred (APTA, ASHA, AOTA, NATA, State/Region PT/OT/SLP/AT Association).
This position will include employment in the following program area(s): Acute Care, Rehab, Outpatient
This position will include the following working hours/schedule: Per diem, based on availability of associate
This position doeshave a weekend requirement. If weekend coverage is required, this requirement includes working once per month (12 weekday day per year minimum). Additional weekday coverage availability is preferred but not required.
As one of the nation's premier pediatric health care systems, Nemours provides world-class clinical care in four states - Delaware, Florida, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours is nationally known for leadership in prevention, quality and safety, family-centered care, continuous improvement, and informatics. Our commitment to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our associates enjoy comprehensive benefits including our unique 'Bridge to a Healthy Future' pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunity for professional growth and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours is committed to focusing on the best-qualified individuals who are passionate about, and committed to, leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive environment. All Nemours Associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day-to-day work with colleagues, patients and families.