Personal Trainer provides customized fitness programs that include education and guidance on the cardiovascular exercise and resistance training, with general advice on proper food intake and supplementation. Approximately 20 hours a week (5 days/week).
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- General computer skills, use of software to clock time and education training.
- The ability to work with age-specific, multi-level populations.
- Knowledge of basic nutrition, anatomy, fitness, basic nutrition
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining department policy and training protocols to various individual needs
- Some experience as personal trainer is preferred.
- Basic experience with equipment: cardiovascular, resistance training and free weight equipment.
- The ability to adapt training protocols to various individual's needs.
- Industry recognized Certification: Bachelors or Master's degree in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Biomechanics or Exercise Science overrides certifications requirement.
- Certification from one of the following agencies: NACE, COOPER INSTITUTE, ACSM, NSCA, or AFFA
- BLS Certification: Basic Life Support
Per Diem As Needed