Patient Care Technician
Category: Technician/Clinical Unlicensed
Today, SCA Health has grown to 11,000 teammates who care for 1 million patients each year and support physician specialists holistically in many aspects of patient care. Together, our teammates create value in specialty care by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering on the quadruple aim of high-quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care.
As part of Optum, we participate in an integrated care delivery system that enables us to support our partners as they navigate a complex healthcare environment, Only SCA Health has a dynamic group of physician-driven, specialty care businesses that allows us to customize solutions, no matter the need or challenge:
- We connect patients to physicians in new and differentiated ways as part of Optum and with our new Specialty Management Solutions business.
- We have pioneered a physician-led, multi-site model of practice solutions that restores physician agency by aligning incentives to support growth and transition to value-based care.
- We lead the industry in value-based payment solutions through our Global 1 bundled payment convener, that provides easy predictable billing to patients.
- We help physicians address everything beyond surgical procedures, including anesthesia and ancillary service lines.
The new SCA Health represents who we are today and where we are goingâ”and the growing career opportunities for YOU.
Are you tired of nights, weekends, and taking call? Join the OCC Surgery Center at Inverness and take back your personal life! Our amazing benefits package includes eight paid holidays each year, our 401(k) match and vesting starts on Day 1, and for a limited time we are offering a $5k sign-on bonus. Our team provides exceptional patient care for the Orthopedic Centers of Colorado (the largest orthopedics group in the state), including total joint replacement, sports medicine, advanced spine surgery, and robotic-assisted procedures. Join our team to serve your community in a meaningful way, and enjoy a better quality of life in an ambulatory surgery center! We are actively hiring for an Patient Care Technician (PCT).
Patient Care Technician (PCT) Responsibilities:
- Protecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects and chemical, electrical, mechanical, and thermal sources
- Demonstrating safe operation of equipment machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation
- Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal protective equipment
- Proactively optimizes opportunities to enhance flow and efficiency of the cente
Patient Care Technician (PCT) Requirements:
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Certified Medical Assistant (MA)/Nursing Assistant (CNA)/Patient Care (PCT) preferred.
- Successful completion of BLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS certification.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working irregular hours