Pain Department BC/BE Physicians
VA Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System
The VA Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System, Pain Department located in Corpus Christi, Texas is seeking Physicians who are board certified or board eligible in either Orthopedic Surgery, Physiatrist, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pain Medicine, Sports Medicine, Occupational Medicine or Family Medicine.
The Physician is responsible for patient care, patient/family education, and participation in any indicated clinical research in orthopedics and provides comprehensive care for patients who have illnesses within the scope of musculoskeletal orthopedic spectrum. The scope of these activities covers all phases of ambulatory care. Other responsibilities may include education of medical students and residents and/or supervision of other providers. The majority of the Physician's time is devoted to patient care and education, with the remaining time set aside for performance improvement activities, creative research to improve patient care, activities sufficient to maintain proficiency in state-of-the-art orthopedic care.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm (No Calls)
Benefits and Features
- Expected Salary range for qualified Gastroenterologist will range from $275,000.00 to $400,000.00, with consideration given to candidate's qualifications, credentials and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Bonus. Selected candidate may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), and if approved, receive up to $200k in school loan repayment.
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 11 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
- Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching.
COVID; As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exception from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.