Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon
Carle Health is seeking an additional BE/BC fellowship-trained Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon to join our 20-member Orthopaedics Department in Urbana, Illinois.
Practice Opportunity Details Include:
- PRN position
- Carle Foundation Hospital is a 453-bed Level I Trauma Center and is the largest regional hospital in East Central Illinois
- Champaign-Urbana is a vibrant college town with a population of ~195,000 residents and is home to the Big Ten University of Illinois
- Join a collegial Orthopedic department comprised of 2 other Ortho Trauma surgeons, 4 fellowship-trained hand surgeons, 2 fellowship-trained Ortho & Sports Medicine surgeons, 3 fellowship-trained Adult Reconstruction surgeons, a general Orthopaedic Surgeon and 5 surgical and office-based Podiatrists
- Dedicated OR access for Ortho-Trauma Service
- Two APPs provide clinical support with rounding, dictation, and case management 6 days a week
- Take call and work out of a single hospital - Night/weekend call is shared equally with the members of the Orthopaedic Department
- Dedicated clinic time located at new, 52,000 sq. ft. Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Building
- Opportunity for academic and/or research affiliation with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering
About the employer
Based in Urbana, IL, The Carle Foundation is a vertically integrated system with more than 9,500 employees in its five hospitals, multi-specialty physician groups, health plan and associated healthcare businesses including the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school. Carle is proud to be named a Great Place to Work®. Carle Foundation Hospital and Carle BroMenn Medical Center hold Magnet® designation, the nation’s highest honor for nursing care and Carle Foundation Hospital (CFH) ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®.