Mercy Clinic Fort Smith seeks a BE/BC Orthopedic Surgeon to join their dynamic group in Fort Smith, Arkansas. The Mercy Orthopedic Hospital in Fort Smith, AR, is a new, all-in-one experience for patients needing orthopedic care. The 69,000-square-foot facility is the final piece of our musculoskeletal campus which already i ncludes a convenient care center, clinic offices, rehabilitation facilities and an ambulatory surgery center. Mercy Fort Smith is 336 bed hospital undergoing a $162.4 million expansion to be completed in 2024.
We are offering candidates a competitive recruitment and benefit package.
- Work with very strong experienced group
- Strong partnership with high quality hospitalist service
- Epic is our system-wide electronic medical record
- Teaching Affiliation with Arkansas Osteopathic School of Medicine with ability to have medical students in clinic with a stipend
- Opportunity to work with Mercy Fort Smith IM and FM residencies
- System wide EPIC EMR
- Diversity of cases due to the 13-county rural catchment area
Mercy Clinic Offers:
- 2-year guarantee with Recruitment Incentives
- Annual CME allowance $5,000
- $10,000 Relocation assistance
- 4 weeks' vacation plus holidays plus 1 week CME (while on guarantee)
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement (401k/403b/457b) plan
- Paid Occurrence-based malpractice
- H1B Accepted
About Fort Smith
Appreciate an excellent quality of life in Fort Smith and surrounding areas tucked in the Arkansas River Valley near 5 major lakes and surround by gorgeous mountains.
- As the third-largest city in the Arkansas, Fort Smith maintains the lowest cost of living
- Population of the Fort Smith is 90,000 with a metropolitan population of 300,000
- Spend more time at home with no commute. Beautiful neighborhoods are located right next to the hospital or find land 10 minutes down the road
- Balance work with an active lifestyle with activities including golf (1 private, 3 public courses), tennis, numerous gyms, running, hiking, and biking
- Enjoy easy access to nearby streams and lakes for fishing, kayaking and boating
- Multiple preK-12 options exist to make sure young minds have the opportunity to thrive. Choose from public, private and parochial schools, local colleges and a state university.
- Become a valued member of a diverse, growing medical hub with Arkansas Colleges of Health Education
- Fort Smith has its own airport with American flights daily and very close to XNA in Bentonville, AR 2 hours from the international airport in Tulsa
Become a part of our legacy and help us build a healthier future.
Mercy , one of the 25 largest U.S. health systems, serves millions annually with nationally recognized quality care and one of the nation's largest Accountable Care Organizations. Mercy is a highly integrated, multi-state health care system including more than 40 acute care , managed and specialty (heart, children's, orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, convenient and urgent care locations, imaging centers and pharmacies. Mercy has 900 physician practices and outpatient facilities, 3,400 Mercy Clinic physicians and advanced practitioners, as well as more than 40,000 co-workers serving patients and families across Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Mercy also has clinics, outpatient services and outreach ministries in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
It is a continuing goal to advance diversity and inclusion within our Mercy ministry. We cherish each person as created in the image of God and believe it is our responsibility to strive for excellence in establishing an environment of dignity for all.
Mercy Fort Smith receives 12th straight Grade A from Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades in 2022.
Link to Apply: Careers.Mercy.Net
If you are interested in learning more about our opportunities and our healthcare system , please reply with your preferred contact information along with your availability for a quick phone call.