Indiana University Health
Indiana University Health Physicians is seeking an Orthopedic Surgeon to join our group at IU Health in Indianapolis.
IU's Department of Orthopaedics consists of 40 physicians, 30 advanced providers, and 150+ support staff, and is home to Indiana's only orthopaedic residency program.
- Full Time, with call rotation possible
- ~70% Outpatient / 30% inpatient
- Provide orthopedic care to adult patient population. Teen to geriatrics with musculoskeletal conditions
- Primary location in an affluent fast-growing suburb outside on Indianapolis
- General Ortho needs with in the community but grow a subspecialized practice
- Learn more about the department: https://medicine.iu.edu/orthopaedic-surgery
- DO or MD
- ABOS BE/BC in the United States
- Ability to acquire Indiana medical license
- Graduating fellows and experienced BC physicians encouraged to apply
- We offer a strong compensation model with production bonus
- Comprehensive, dual employment benefits from IU School of Medicine & IU Health Physicians
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 25 years in a row, including six specialties among the top 50 in the nation or high performing
- Riley Hospital for Children is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report , and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
IU Health Saxony Hospital is a 44-bed hospital located in the town of Fishers, Indiana, a beautiful northwestern suburb of Indianapolis. IU Health Saxony Hospital delivers a primary focus on surgical services for cardiovascular and orthopaedics, and provides area residents with the latest advancements in medical care and treatment. The hospital offers the only 24/7 coverage for urgent heart care in the city of Fishers, and is home to the IU Health Hip and Knee Center (where more hip and knee replacements are performed than any other IU Health facility in the state).
IU Health Saxony Hospital is proud to be an integral part of Saxony and the Fishers community. A leader in promoting and preserving wellness, hospital team members are eager to work in collaborative ways to help area residents lead healthier lives. Designated as a Dementia Friends facility, IU Health Saxony Hospital is the first hospital in the state to have every employee at the hospital (regardless of interaction with a patient) to have completed training in assisting and caring for patients with dementia.
Announced in 2022, the IU Health Saxony Hospital will undergo a $287 million investment to grow the campus square footage by 50%. 50 inpatient beds will be added, as well as an expansion of primary and specialty care services. The campus will be renamed as IU Health Fishers and enable the facility to be the community hospital of choice in the Indianapolis northeast suburbs.
Fishers, Indiana is a lovely suburb of Indianapolis located just 20 minutes north and east of downtown Indianapolis. The town is a Midwest community synonymous with balancing growth and progress. While experiencing an influx of commercial and residential migration over the past 10 years with a 600 percent population growth, Fishers has maintained a sense of community with a strong history of family values and successful businesses. SmartAsset has named Fishers as one of the best suburbs to live near a large city in the United States.
- Ranked number three in the Best Places to Live in America according to Money in 2019, number seven on Livability's 2022 list of the Best Places to live in the U.S. and as one of Wallethub's 2022 Best Small Cities in America
- The Nickel Plate District downtown boasts a growing dining scene, boutiques, attractions, and concerts at a state of-the-art amphitheater
- Home to Conner Prairie , a living history museum that also hosts the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra's summer series for Symphony on the Prairie .
- Close proximity to top ranked international airport: " Best Airport in North America " ten consecutive years
- An education system that leads the state – Fishers High School, Hamilton Southeastern High School and New Britton Elementary School all ranked 10 out of 10 by GreatSchools.org in academics
- Parks and recreation system that includes 17 parks and more than 60 miles of paths and trails, with water recreation nearby at the Geist Reservoir
- 20 minutes to Indianapolis, and easy access to Chicago, Louisville and Cincinnati via nearby interstate roadways