Orthopedic Surgeon – Trauma
Benefis Health System, a large level II trauma center and regional tertiary referral center in Great Falls, Montana, is seeking a second Orthopedic Traumatologist to join our dedicated team of 8 orthopedic surgeons and 4 surgical advanced practice providers.
- Combination of inpatient traumatologist duties including full spectrum orthopedic services, rounding, consults, and dedicated OR block time
- Typically 7 on 7 off, working 172 days annually
- Stable, long term orthopedic team includes: current traumatologist, generalists, total joint revisionists, shoulder, sports med, and hand surgeons, mid-level support + neurosurgical spine for potential patient handoffs if desired
- 10 main ORs + ASC, 2 Davinci robots with O-arm and Hana table
- 33 bed emergency department with 3 large trauma bays, CT scan staffed 24/7 and 2 dedicated board-certified physicians on shift at all hours
- In house air ambulance program with fixed wing and rotor wing for inbound and outbound transport
- Dedicated ICU intensivists 24/7 in 21 bed mixed-ICU
- Robust hospitalist team, including swing and night shift admitters
Why we stand out
- Stand alone, financially stable, not-for-profit health system
- Regional tertiary center with robust specialty support including neurosurgery, pulmonology, neurology, endocrinology, rheumatology, advanced gastroenterology, cardiothoracic, and more!
- Patient focused, quality medical care
How we support you
- Guaranteed shift-based compensation with incentive bonus structures
- 28 weeks off
- Paid malpractice + tail
- Generous sign-on / relocation bonus
- Annual $5,000 CME + $1,000 license/dues
- 5-7% retirement match + 457b program
- Physician wellness programs focused on personal and professional development
- Monthly meetings with highest-level physician and administrative leadership to bring ideas forward and solve issues
Great Falls has a city population of 60,000, with a draw of over 275,000 people in north central Montana. We experience mild winters and enjoy blue skies over 300 days per year. Great Falls is a wonderful and safe place to raise a family, with nationally ranked public schools and an average commute of under 12 minutes, making the quality of life in Great Falls unsurpassed in the Rocky Mountain West. Additionally, the Missouri River, a blue-ribbon fly-fishing destination, runs through the middle of town. Outdoor activities include camping, hiking, horseback riding, water& snow skiing, rock & ice climbing, boating, white-water kayaking, off-road motor sports, upland bird, waterfowl, and big-game hunting.
Benefis Health System This is your opportunity to be part of an exceptional health system in a state that is well known for its beautiful four seasons and outdoor lifestyle. While enjoying the last best place, you'll have the added benefit of having access to Benefis Health System, one of the state's most modern and progressive healthcare facilities with 500+ beds and over 200 members on medical staff representing 40 specialties. Our state-of-the-art facilities and cutting edge technologies make Benefis an exceptional working environment and one of Becker’s Best Places To Work in Healthcare , 6 years in a row !