Medical Scribe - Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
The specific tasks of the scribe are dependent upon the physician/.provider. The core responsibility of the scribe is to follow the provider throughout the assigned time period and chart patient encounters in real-time using a medical office's Electronic Health Record, existing templates or paper records. The scribe is limited to recording interactions as dictated by the physician/provider and as such must not interject their own observations or impressions. The position is a clerical role and does not involve direct patient care.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Chart patient encounters in real-time during office visits
- Reviews documentation to determine accuracy
- Manage and sort medical documents in the EMR system
- Generate referral letters for physicians
- Assist physician with e-Scribing.
- Assist with other office functions as needed.
Required: High School Graduate or equivalentExperience
Required: 2-3 years transcription and/or editing
Tenet Healthcare/TPR complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.