ChristianaCare is the one of the Mid Atlantic's largest academic health care providers and consists of 3 campuses: Wilmington, Newark and Union at Cecil County. Through our values of love and excellence, ChristianaCare is consistently identified as a regional center of excellence for cardiology, cancer and women's health services and ranked by US News & World as Best Hospital.
-Twice Recognized as Magnet Status Hospital.
-Growth Opportunities defined by our Clinical Ladder.
To lead a group of caregivers through a pre-arranged format of exercises designed to enhance overall fitness, strength, flexibility, and endurance, while ensuring the safety of each caregiver. Examples are aerobic and strength classes, step, Barre, indoor cycling, kickboxing, Yoga, HIIT, tone & stretch, Pilates, etc.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Choregraph and lead exercise classes
- Manage exercise class size up to 20 participants with varying abilities
- Design and teach a variety of exercise routines
- Monitor and teach class participants proper exercise form and technique using positive reinforcement
- Educate class participants about fitness, exercise, and safe exercise techniques
- Set up, move, and store exercise equipment
- Leave a clean and organized exercise room after class
- Perform exercise equipment maintenance
- Record class attendance
- Report to the fitness center manager or supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself and other caregivers
- Complete system-wide education and other requirements including but not limited to vaccination deadlines and surveys
- Comply with the health system's COVID and other health issued regulations
- Meet with caregivers for orientations, consultations, and exercise instruction
- Prescribe exercise prescriptions and fitness assessments
- Staff and oversee daily operations of the fitness centers
- Operate and assist in department programs, projects, and challenges
- Present to other departments, partake in system-wide events and exercise demonstrations
- Perform assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices
- Perform other related duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma
Group Fitness Instructor Certification
- Degree in Exercise Science, Fitness Management, Physiology, Kinesiology or in a related discipline or a fitness certification other than Group Fitness Instructor with experience teaching and leading group exercise classes may be substituted for the Group Fitness Instructor certification. As a condition of employment, a Group Fitness Instructor certification from a nationally recognized institution including, but not limited to ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NETA, must be obtained within 4 months after Day One Orientation.
- CPR with AED certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of basic physiology, anatomy, and body mechanics
- Knowledge of basic technology including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Teams
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot audio equipment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Experience instructing group fitness classes to diverse abilities
- Maintain CPR/AED certification
- Maintain certifications required to teach group fitness classes and specialty classes