NYU Langone Health
Exercise Physiologist – **Langone Orthopedic Center**
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Exercise Physiologist – **Langone Orthopedic Center**.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the exercise component of the Cardiovascular programs and reviewing patient history, presenting lectures and performing exercise prescriptions. Demonstrates a variety of treatment approaches.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s mission and core values and incorporates them into the performance duties at the LOC
- Adheres to all departmental procedures and policies. Respects the patient’s right to confidentiality t all times. Maintains a good working rapport with all medical center staff, physicians, and other departments that require frequent interaction and coordination of efforts. Greets and interacts with clients, their families, and visitors in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates appropriate professionalism during job performance. Documents all information in an accurate, concise, up-to-date and complete manner. Maintains each record correctly to include progress notes, and other information as required.
- Promotes LOC Sports Performance Center services to clients both within the NYU Langone community and outside.
- Raises awareness and promotes the benefits of exercise and healthy lifestyle in collaboration with other healthcare providers.
- Participates in clinical education of volunteers and students as appropriate.
- Utilizes specialized equipment such as Video Analysis, Alter G, Woodway and metabolic cart.
- Assumes additional responsibilities in the organizational and structural needs of the assigned unit. Utilizes in-service programs, conferences, and consultations to enhance current levels of skill and knowledge. Keeps current in the field of exercise physiology. Maintains certification up to date. Designs and follows a personal plan of development in professional areas. Attends weekly staff meetings as schedule permits.
- Responsible for meeting unit productivity standards. Checks exercise monitoring and testing equipment on a regular basis. ensures quality control and procedures are followed in accordance with departmental guidelines for calibrations and equipment maintenance functions. Notifies the appropriate senior staff member when equipment is damaged, missing, or in need of repair
- Completes all required documentation for client care and charge submission. Gathers statistics, i.e., patient’s demographics, test results and compiles information for research purposes. Assists in the organization and data collection for research studies.
- Implements evidenced based exercises, fitness and sports specific training programs. Instructs and demonstrates to clients the proper body position and correct use of exercise equipment. Monitors clients progress, compliance and response to exercise and fitness programs. Sets appropriate and measurable short and long term goals for the client. Performs appropriate outcome measures based on client fitness, ability and goals.
- Performs initial assessment and evaluation of exercise needs for Sports Performance Center clients. Reviews clients medical, social and psychological information prior to goal setting session and becomes familiar with client profiles with special attention to musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary and endocrine histories
To qualify you must have a Bachelors Degree in Exercise or Applied Physiology. Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support. Internship in Cardiac Rehabilitation required.
Preferred Qualifications:Masters Degree in Exercise or Applied Physiology or Exercise Science
Experience working with individuals as well as groups.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $53,457.10 – $68,078.35 Annually . Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.