Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
This position is responsible to develop, implement and evaluate exercise prescriptions and programs for inpatients and outpatients. These responsibilities include the performance of educational, consultative and administrative tasks within the Department. Other duties include the facilitation of quality patient care, promote wellness and enhance the quality of health care services available at the Hospital. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements exercise prescriptions and programs for inpatients and outpatients to promote safe, effective rehabilitative exercise programs.
- Implements and teaches established programs and procedures, such as stress test procedures, to meet patient needs.
- Assists in the process of orientating and training of staff and students in order to develop understanding and skills.
- Understands and remains proficient in the use of equipment and machinery used in programs to ensure effective operation and continuous availability for patients.
- Participates and evaluates educational programs to enhance understanding and development of "wellness" attitudes and practice for hospital Associates, patients and community members.
- Maintains inventory of necessary supplies, materials and equipment to ensure effectiveness of operations.
- Develops and implements systems to enroll prospective patients into Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation. This would include insurance verification, gathering patient medical records and patient scheduling.
- High school graduate or equivalent; Bachelors degree in Exercise Science preferred.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required
- AHA ACLS required in three months
- ACSM Test Technology certification preferred.
- One (1) year related experience for all qualified clinicians preferred.
- This position provides services to and demonstrates the knowledge and ability to meet
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.