Provides outreach services by implementing preventive athletic injury programs for clients, maintaining the general health and athletic fitness level, and under the direction of the Physician or Physical Therapist, carries out modalities of care to promote rehabilitation.
- TX - Athletic Trainer License
- CPR- American Heart Association
- ATC / LAT Preferred at hire
- MS in a health related field
- 1-2 yrs experience in High School / College athletic training setting required
- 1 - 2 yrs as ATC in a high school / college athletic training setting as a head athletic trainer Preferred at hire
- Basic use of computer based injury tracking programs, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Isokinetic testing, US, E-stim preferred at hire
- Excellent understanding of advanced athletic training. General knowledge of rehabilitation protocol.
About the employer
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.