Athletic Trainer Sports Medicine Internship
Atlantic Health (SP)
Do you want to work on meaningful and impactful projects that make a difference to the individual members of the surrounding communities?*?¯Are you looking for a program that will allow you to collaborate with healthcare leaders, fellow interns, while receiving training on the tools to succeed in the workforce? If this sounds exciting, then Atlantic Health System's 10-week summer internship program may be great for you!*?¯
This internship is targeting college and graduate students who have a specific interest in pursuing ancillary medical professions. Examples include Athletic Training & Exercise Physiology
- Clinical- Observations with primary care sports medicine/ortho physician & athletic trainer
- Administrative- Assist with practice management including front desk, prior authorization and scheduling in the sports medicine department
- Research- Interns will gain an understanding of the Institutional Review Board and its regulatory policies through assisting with document organization for new study submissions, renewals, and closures. be required to complete two presentations during the course of their internship. One, a case presentation the other a proposal for a clinical research project. At the end of the internship the intern will present the case and project to the core faculty.
- Interns will be able to assist with creating, marketing and managing sports medicine based medical education and community growth and outreach events throughout the summer. Interns will be required to attend one mass event coverage event during their internship.
- Be in good academic standing
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- Work 37.5 hours per week and commit to a minimum of 375 hours for the duration of the internship
- Coursework and/or experience with data collection and entry
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidate must be available to work some weekends
- Must be pursuing: Athletic Training or Exercise Physiology courses
- Cover letter stating specific interests and relevant experiences
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 13th year in a row to Fortune's 'Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For' list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.
Please See Above