Athletic Trainer PRN
Athletic Trainer PRN provides services to patients and athletes who have
impairments, functional limitations or changes in physical function and
health status as a result of injury, illness or other causes with occasional
guidance. Actively collaborates with the health care/educational team which
consists of the Director of Sports Medicine, team physicians, Vanderbilt
University Medical Center specialists, athletic trainers and physical
therapists to meet patient care, outcomes and system treatment,
rehabilitation care to athletes using modalities, personnel, equipment and
- Collaborates in establishing athletic training and sports medicine services, plan of care; then coordinates and implements care delivery while anticipating patient/athlete care needs across the continuum.
- Analyzes comprehensive information pertinent to the patient's/athlete's care and management to determine patient/athlete functional capabilities within defined activity levels.
- Continually utilizes Athletic Training skills and resources to evaluate patient's/athlete's functional capabilities towards optimal, safe participation, and applies appropriate interventions to ensure effective outcomes.
- Employs strategies to promote health and a safe and healthy environment.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Overview of VUMC Sports Medicine
Vanderbilt Orthopaedics is Tennessee's leading provider of orthopedic care, trusted by professional and collegiate athletes, including the Nashville Predators , Nashville Sounds , Nashville Soccer Club and the Vanderbilt Commodores .
We are ranked among the top orthopedics programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report . Vanderbilt University Medical Center is ranked the #1 adult hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville. Our orthopedic specialists are national leaders in research and innovative treatments. Our athletic trainers work closely with our physicians to ensure athletes receive the care needed to safely return to play. Our athletic trainers continue to expand their expertise through ongoing education and participation in sports medicine organizations. As part of an academic medical center, our athletic trainers and sports medicine physicians are advancing the latest research to improve orthopedic treatments. We are national leaders in researching innovation in shoulder instability (dislocation) and rotator cuff injury treatment as well as anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) treatment.
Vanderbilt Sports Medicine is located in the Vanderbilt Orthopedic Institute on the campus of Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, TN. We provide medical care to athletes of all ages and levels of competition from Tennessee and the surrounding regions and are official sports medicine providers for:
- Vanderbilt University NCAA Division I Athletics
- Nashville Predators (NHL)
- Nashville Sounds (Oakland Athletics AAA Baseball)
- Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association
- Metro Nashville Public Schools
Flexible work schedule based on the day, week and sports season (PRN)
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.