- Provides Athletic Training Services to patients and contracted organizations as assigned.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and staffing for community events and related programming.
- Provides support by covering other contracted schools or changing assignments.
- Establishes and maintains community relations and provides educational programs for coaches, athletes and community members.
- Establishes and updates contracted organization Policy and Procedure manual with annual reviews.
- Performs initial patient assessments and screens, develops and distributes ongoing patient education information.
- Distributes Home Exercise Programs (HEP) and educates patient and family as directed by supervising physician.
- Prepares injections for physicians and physician assistants.
- Performs splinting and casting under physicians orders.
- Performs cast and suture removal.
- Performs scribing duties for a physician during a patient's physical exam, as needed.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
*$2,500 sign on bonus for eligible candidates*
Education Bachelor's Degree- (Required), Master's Degree- (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s) Certified Athletic Trainer - Default Issuing Body; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification - American Heart Association (AHA)
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.