Ambulatory rehab administrative assistant
High school education or equivalent.
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
**This position is Hybrid - Onsite/Remote mix**
General Description of the Job Class
In support of the ambulatory rehabilitation department (PT,OT,SLP), regularly required to resolve moderately complex (non-routine and routine) administrative problems independently or with others. Problem resolution will include regular communication with rehabilitation administration team. Tasks are typically diverse and advanced.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- In addition to tasks outlined in the Administrative Clerk description, examples of work at this level may typically include some combination of the following:
- Schedule and maintain rehabilitation provider clinic schedules through electronic medical record system (Epic)
- Submit service requests for maintenance and technology issues.
- Coordinate ordering of supplies and equipment
- Coordinate communication and purchase of equipment through vendors
- Submission of purchase orders through procurement and supply chain management
- Maintain documentation and personnel files of rehabilitation professional team
- Assist in provider enrollment process for new clinicians to include credentialing, endorsement, and licensure verification
- Independently prepare more complex documentation, reports, charts, graphs, and spreadsheets at designate intervals and as requested.
- Coordinate special projects.
- Prioritize and resolve inquiries (phone, e-mail, in person).
- Act as a liaison between the department and external groups.
- Explain policy/procedures to other parties based on knowledge of the company and department guidelines.
- Collect, compile and analyze moderately complex data and information.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Two years of administrative support experience of increasing variety and/or complexity
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Creatively uses PC, word processing and other office tools.
Thorough knowledge of department policies, procedures, and goals.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.