Advanced Practice Provider I (NP/PA)
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position augments the primary healthcare physician in making medical diagnoses, planning and dispensing medical treatment. The advance practice provider practices with a physician who is ultimately responsible.
Top-ranked in the nation, UNC Family Medicine provides patient-centered primary care, conducts groundbreaking research, cares for communities, and trains the best and the brightest young doctors and primary care providers. We provide full-scope patient care for babies, children, adolescents, and adults throughout the life cycle, including the provision of maternity care. We provide extensive services for physical health, emotional wellbeing, nutrition, and acute care, including sports medicine.
Our three locations are The UNC Family Medicine Center at Chapel Hill (central location where we also have an Urgent Care Clinic), The UNC Family Medicine Center at Durham, and The UNC Family Medicine Center at Carraway Village. We are proud to serve our amazing, diverse UNC community and ALL the people of North Carolina.
Learn more at: http://uncfamilymedicine.org
1. For surgical procedures, preps and drapes patients. Performs intraoperative surgical assistance to include vein and artery harvest for bypass conduit, opening and closing surgical wounds and other assistance as needed.
2. Independently performs clinical duties in compliance with established policies and procedures. Assists physicians in assigned area. Acts as a liaison between team members and other areas of the institution.
3. May prescribe drugs as outlined in departmental procedures and protocols and as approved by the NC Joint Committee of the Board of Nursing and Board of Medical Examiners.
4. Performs administrative duties such as reviewing patient charts and OR procedures to provide input to patient information management system. Assists with conferences and rounds. Coordinates scheduling of tests. Collaborates with physicians, house staff, and nurses in development of protocols, manages protocols.
5. Performs educational and research activities, assists in orientation and instruction of medical students and house staff assesses educational needs of patients identifies clinical problems participates in research activities participates in Quality Assurance projects for respective department.
6. Plans patient care which may include entire course of treatment for patient, ensures continuity of care and plans for discharge. Obtains medical history and performs physical examinations, performs diagnostic tests.
7. Provides patient care, e.g., schedules surgical procedures assists in OR induces IV infusions obtains lab studies and specimens manages wound care directs equipment use places prostheses as needed.
* Completion of an accredited graduate-level Advanced Practice Provider (APRN or PA) program.
* Licensed as an Advanced Practice Provider (i.e., Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner, Certified Nurse Midwife, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) in the state of North Carolina. Board certification if required by the Department. DEA.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
* Demonstrated clinical competency. Effective leadership skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and collaboratively. Demonstrated written and verbal communication and strong analytical skills. Effective interaction to ensure the successful care of patients in the clinical setting. Documentation in the medical record to substantiate accurate billing.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Family Practice
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC: Urgent Care at the UNC Family Medicine Center at Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.