Primary Care Physician
Indiana University Health
Indiana University Health Physicians is seeking board-eligible Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Med/Peds physicians to join our primary care team. The specific IU Health practice locations pend future needs, but all openings will be in the Indianapolis area. IU Health Primary Care offers residents early commitment stipends and can sign candidates up to two years early. Candidates who will complete residency in 2023 and 2024 are encouraged to apply to begin the recruitment process.
- Full Time (physician has flexibility to work either 4, 4.5, or 5 days per week)
- 100% outpatient
- Call: Nurse triage handles vast majority of call
- Candidate provides care for a mixed patient population of all ages
- Must be comfortable working with APPs
- Procedures include, but not limited to: simple skin surgery, sports medicine, fracture care, joint injections, maternity care, IUD's, etc.
- All IU Health hospitals and practices utilize Cerner for EMR
- Opportunity to become involved in medical student and resident education
- If physician desires, opportunity to perform OB at local IU Health hospitals
- Residents who will graduate in 2023 and 2024 encouraged to apply
- Must be DO or MD
- American BE in respective specialty
- Ability to acquire Indiana license
- Comprehensive benefits package including relocation and residency stipends
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 25 years in a row, including six specialties among the top 50 in the nation or high performing
- Riley Hospital for Children is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report , and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
At IU Health, you’ll find the most skilled network of primary care physicians in Indiana. Backed by the extensive resources and technology of the IU Health community, our primary care physicians and advanced providers practice at 50+ offices throughout the state of Indiana. Practice locations range from rural primary care clinics to faculty roles in metro areas with the Indiana University School of Medicine.
Indianapolis, Indiana , the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities, paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2022-2023 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: " Best Airport in North America " ten consecutive years
- Ranked by Niche in 2022 as one of the most diverse counties in America, as well as one of the best counties to live in Indiana & the best county for young professionals
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts ( NFL ), Fever ( WNBA ), Pacers ( NBA ), Indians ( MiLB ), Indianapolis 500 ( IndyCar ), Indy Eleven ( NASL ), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis , Louisville , and Cincinnati