Operating Room Registered Nurse
Join Baylor Scott and White Medical Center - Centennial as a Registered Nurse and be part of something better!
Our Operating Room unit is a fast-paced environment that includes high acuity patients. Are you looking to increase your knowledge base? Our Operating Room leadership team fosters an environment that supports learning, mentoring, and building every team member.
Patient Population: Orthopedics (Sports Medicine, Hand, Joint Replacement, Spine, Trauma), Colorectal, General, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Urology, ENT, Neuro (Brain and Spine), Vascular
Number of Beds: 5 with another to be built soon
Department Specifics : Culturally diverse team, understanding and supportive of management, availability to train in multiple service lines and departments of Perioperative services, opportunity for flexible scheduling and call, regular services from outside product representatives.
Shift: Full Time Days; 8hr. shifts; 6:30am – 3pm; Mon – Fri; Approx. 4-5 on-call shifts per month
Why Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Centennial
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center-Centennial is a full-service 118 bed hospital serving Frisco and the surrounding communities. With more than 600 specialists on our medical staff, our services include digestive care, labor and delivery, heart health, emergency and trauma care, surgical services, orthopedics, intensive care, internal medicine, and more. We are the only Trauma Center (Level III) in Frisco and are certified as a Primary Stroke and Primary Heart Attack Center by the Texas Department of State Health Services and by The Joint Commission.
We have the distinction of being the first Level III Maternal facility in Frisco. In addition, we hold a NICU Level II designation. These prestigious designations illustrate our unwavering dedication to quality perinatal care and proving safe care to all mothers and babies from low risk to highly complex care.
We are contracted with Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital-Plano to offer cardiology best practices and quality care for our community. In 2022, Centennial achieved its Pathway to Excellence accreditation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). For more information about Baylor Scott & White Centennial, visit BSWHealth.com/Centennial .
Why Baylor Scott & White Health
At Baylor Scott & White Health, we empower each other to create healthier communities and deliver safe and high-quality care across the state of Texas. With more than 52 hospitals, 800 access points, a quality health plan and an award-winning research institute , you’ll enjoy endless opportunities to make your mark on the future of healthcare. At Baylor Scott and White Health, you’ll be joining a team that’s committed to better. Because better never settles. And neither should you.
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White Health has the resources to offer a variety of career opportunities to meet your personal and professional goals.
The Baylor Scott & White Health nursing team challenges each other to innovate, to constantly raise the bar and to never settle. Every day, our diverse group of team members bring unique talents, a passion for innovation and a deep Commitment to those we serve.
Baylor Scott & White Health Registered Nurses Enjoy
- Competitive pay including an RN Bonus Program rewarding nurses for providing exceptional care and improving patient outcomes.
- Attractive Relocation Assistance for full-time candidates.
- Excellent benefits including a generous 401(k) program with company match, vacation and paid time off (PTO), tuition assistance, immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits and wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy. (Note: benefits may vary based on position type and/or level).
- A strong shared governance model featuring unit-based councils that empower nurses and improve patient outcomes.
- Access to more than 4,000 hours of online continuing education for professional development.
- A strong system Nurse Practice Council that uses autonomy, authority and accountability in collaboration with transformational nursing leadership to drive nursing practice throughout Baylor Scott & White Health.
- A spirit of inquiry and innovation that promotes Evidence-based practice, research and innovations in nursing practice.
- A healthy work environment and culture of safety using inter-professional collaboration and professional competencies to meet the needs of patients to provide safe passage and quality outcomes at every encounter.
Registered Nurse Requirements
- Graduate of an Accredited Nursing Program
- RN – Registered Nurse
- BLS – Basic Life Support (required within 30 days of hire)
Baylor Scott & White Health is the most awarded system in Texas, and a Certified Great Place to Work! Consider a career move to Baylor Scott and White Medical Center - Centennial and join our exceptional nursing team committed to something better.
- EDUCATION - Grad of Accred Prog or Equiv.
- MAJOR - Nursing
- EXPERIENCE - 2 Years of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
Registered Nurse (RN)
Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or transfer.